Terms & Conditions
- All sales are final; however, San Jose Forest Products Inc. and D.B.A. The Decking Superstore (herein after referred to as “SJFP”) may at its sole discretion elect to accept return of merchandise when accompanied by the original invoice. Returned material shall be subject to a minimum restocking fee of twenty percent (20%). Special order and custom milled products are not subject to return.
- Customer agrees that purchased materials shall be inspected upon delivery and any errors or irregularities must be reported to SJFP at that time and before using materials. Customer also agrees that SJFP assumes no liability as to the use of the materials for a particular project. Customer agrees that the quantity stated on the point of sale invoice shall be deemed correct unless otherwise indicated on the invoice or ship tag at the time of delivery.
- Customer agrees to have supervisory or knowledgeable personnel at delivery location to accept load. In the event materials are delivered and left unattended, purchaser assumes all risk of loss, theft, damage or shortage that may occur after delivery.
- Delivery- prices are based on delivery to points accessible by SJFP trucks, and Customer agrees to assure adequate access for safe unloading of material. SJFP agrees to provide delivery to curb only. Customer is responsible to provide any needed lights or markings for materials unloaded in the street. SJFP will not be responsible for broken sidewalks, driveways, curbs, irrigation, damaged landscaping or other surfaces, when requested to drive over, or to drop material on same. Additionally, SJFP will not be responsible for damage to any structure, equipment, or other property, caused by our truck or by the material being delivered, when instructed to unload material at other than curbside. SJFP shall not be responsible for the method and manner in which the merchandise is handled and stored at the point of delivery. In any event, driver will not drive truck where he does not feel safe.
- Every effort will be made to meet scheduled delivery times, but given the reality of freight logistics, we cannot guarantee exact delivery times. For this reason we require a four hour window for deliveries, beginning one hour before requested delivery time. Delay in, or failure to make deliveries (total or partial) due in whole or in part to strikes, lockouts, labor troubles, fires, windstorms, floods, acts of God, inbound freight problems and/ or any causes beyond our control, will not constitute a default.
- Mechanics Lien- If invoices are not paid in full for materials or merchandise, the improved property of Customer, or the improved property, on which the materials and merchandise were used, may be subject to mechanics lien pursuant to the California Civil Code. Customer agrees to provide preliminary notice information, if requested.
- Indemnification- To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Customer shall indemnify and hold harmless SJFP and all of its agents and employees from and against all claims, damage, loss, and expenses, including but not limited to attorney’s fees, arising out of or resulting from the use of the merchandise and materials delivered to Customer by SJFP.
- Lumber, composite decking, and PVC decking may have variations in color and/or size and no guarantee is made that they are perfectly consistent. Customer acknowledges and accepts this as a normal condition of those products.
- The reality of lumber/decking is that it is not perfectly straight, hence the term “woodworking”. It is recommended that the Customer lay out the lumber/decking before fastening to see what curves the lumber/decking may have. A “Bowrench” or similar leveraging tool is recommended to facilitate straightening out boards while fastening. Customer acknowledges and accepts this reality as a term of sale.
- Another reality of lumber/decking is that there will be occasional end splits, surface cracks, worm holes, knot holes, loose knots, planer skips, grease marks, lumber grade markings, water stains, and varying grain. These natural and manufactured occurrences in wood products will not affect the performance or useful life of the product. Customer acknowledges and accepts this reality as a term of sale.
- Some air dried boards may show marks from stickers or breather strips. Generally marks & water marks blend in when a sealer is applied. If still visible, they will dissipate as the lumber weathers. It is recommended that a stain or sealer be applied to lumber as soon as possible and regularly to help the performance and extend the life of the product.
- We take all possible caution when handling our lumber and decking. However in handling the materials an occasional scratch, nick or ding may occur. This is a reality of material handling and is not a reason for non acceptance of the product. Any scratch, nick or ding will not affect the performance or useful life of the product. Customer agrees and accepts this reality as a term of sale.
*****PROPOSITION 65 NOTICE*****
WARNING: CERTAIN PAINTS, STAINS, PRESERVATIVES, TREATED LUMBER, AND OTHER PRODUCTS SOLD BY SJFP MAY CONTAIN CHEMICALS KNOWN TO THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA TO CAUSE CANCER, BIRTH DEFECTS, OR OTHER REPRODUCTIVE HARM.
DRILLING, SAWING, SANDING OR MACHINING WOOD PRODUCTS GENERATES WOOD DUST, A SUBSTANCE KNOWN TO THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA TO CAUSE CANCER. AVOID INHALING WOOD DUST OR USE A DUST MASK OR OTHER SAFEGUARDS FOR PERSONAL PROTECTION.